DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Tudor Squares Square Dance Club
1. Personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2. Data Controller
The committee of Tudor Squares SDC is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The committee of Tudor Squares SDC complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We may use personal data for the following purposes: –
- to administer membership records;
- to provide news and information about events and activities at the club;
- to fundraise and promote the interests of the club;
- to enable the club to provide voluntary services for the benefit of the public in our local community;
- to provide contact details of officers and others with specific responsibilities to the BAASDC. This enables the BAASDC to administer and promote square dancing regionally and nationally.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for processing your data is:
- Explicit consent of the data subject has been given.
5. Sharing personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the club in order to carry out a service to other club members or for purposes connected with the club. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep data?
We retain data on the following basis:
|Record Type||Retention Period|
|Section membership lists||24 months|
|Members’ contact details||24 months after the last contact|
|Personal data relating to events for which additional information is gathered eg. club outings||Disposed of immediately after the event unless anything has occurred (eg. an accident) which indicates that records should be retained for a longer period.|
|Records of attendance at weekly club nights||Indefinitely|
|Photographs and videos of events||24 months after the event – selected items retained for historical records|
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which Tudor Squares SDC about you;
- The right to request that the committee of Tudor Squares SDC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Tudor Squares SDC to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing, setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions and seek your consent.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the club Secretary.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
The committee of Tudor Squares SDC Date Approved: 3/6/18